The Warming Center is currently closed.
- The Warming Center will be utilized as necessary each year from December 1st to March 31st and is located at the Hillsborough Kiwanis, 47 Legion Street.
- The Warming Center will be opened once the power has been out for 24 consecutive hours, or in the case of extenuating circumstances.
- The Warming Center hours of operation will be from 9am to 9pm; there are no overnight accommodations.
- The Warming Center will close 4 hours after the power is restored.
- The Warming Center is meant for people to get warm and charge electronic devices. Water and hot chocolate will be served.
- Animals may be brought into the Warming Center; however, all dogs must be kept on a leash and muzzled and all other animals must be in a cage; there will be zero tolerance for aggressive animals. When taking an animal outside to use the washroom; you must follow the Village of Hillsborough’s By-Law No. 46 and clean-up after your animal.
- People using the Warming Center should bring food from their home to microwave or cook on the stove. People should also consider bringing games or DVD’s.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be brought to the Warming Center.
Please note that these terms are subject to changes.
The Village of Hillsborough will require volunteers for the warming center. A minimum of 3 volunteers per shift will be required and the shifts will be for 6 hours. Volunteers must be 21 years of age or over and will be required to have a criminal check done. Volunteers must treat everyone with respect, patience, courtesy and consideration. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Village Office at 734-3733 or email@example.com